It's easy! Upload a photo of the outside of your home decked out for the holidays! If you'd like to associate your address with the image - so readers can drive by and might be more likely to vote for you - then please type it in the box provided. If you would prefer not to state your address it is NOT required.
KGuard is providing an iPad for the first place winner - the one who gets the most votes!
Tips for the perfect photo
1. Be ready to take the picture close to dusk. The lights will seem brighter, but there will still be enough light to show some of the surrounding environment.
2. Turn off the flash and use a tripod. If you don't have a tripod, use something stable like a fence post or ladder. This will help to prevent motion blur.
3. Try shooting on the tungsten setting (the one with the light bulb icon).
4. Think about composition. Think dynamic instead of static. Try framing the image with an object in the foreground (perhaps a lit Santa) with lights in the background. Layers are more dynamic.
5. Your camera instruction manual might come in handy for this tip: If you can, set your f-stop manually. Try for F8 or higher. The higher the number, the greater the depth-of-field.
If you'd rather not enter, and just view and vote, please be sure to come back during the voting period, see voting dates/times below